How To Find “Your” Virtual Assistant
By: Anastasiya Day
Recently I was asking people and some of my clients about their experience with virtual assistants. I actually was surprised with their responses. From the responses, which I received 70% were lucky and told me that they were happy with their first VA but the other 30% were not happy with their first virtual assistant.
So, I asked them why, what didn’t work? I received different answers from them.
#1 – Was that their first virtual assistant didn’t quite understand what they needed.
#2 – Their first virtual assistant charged them more than she told them she would.
#3 – Their virtual assistant didn’t do the job properly and therefore it turned out time consuming for them.
These are very common answers, because I was researching and looking into it more and found out that a lot of people went through the same. That’s why when they are hiring their second virtual assistant they demand more from their second va and you can understand why.
It is so vital to find the “right” virtual assistant for your business, who will be able to save you time, take the stress out of your business and save your money, so that you can concentrate on what you do best – running your business.
The whole point of having a VA is that you could delegate your tasks and work together towards your business success.
That’s why I want to share with you my 4 tips which should help you to choose the “right” va for your business.
#1. Think through your work patterns and compare them with how you would like to work.
#2. List the regular tasks that others could do for you. Think through the practices and procedures that will help your VA fit into your business.
#3. Always work together with the VA and make sure that you keep your VA up to date with the projects you are working on.
#4. Always ensure that the VA knows what you want from them to do from the beginning.
When you start working with your VA, I would suggest working on hourly rate first before purchasing any packages. Simply because this will give you the time to get to know each other and you will be able to see if you can work together.
When you are looking for a Virtual Assistant take the time to get to know her/ him too. It’s a good idea to visit their websites and to follow them on Social Media platforms, this will also give you an idea what kind of VA he or she is.
Have you ever experienced hiring a va and it didn’t work out for you?
I would love to have your thoughts on this post, leave your comments in the comment box below.